Responsibilities Primary Responsibilities:
- Identify potential accident hazards.
- Be alert or prevent accidents (risk management).
- Enforce all pool rules in a consistent manner.
- Handle discipline situations with courtesy and fairness.
- Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively and in accordance with established emergency and accident management procedures.
- Administer first aid and CPR as required.
- Communicate with other lifeguards and supervisors.
- Facilitate public relations with a positive and professional attitude, courtesy and tact.
- Be available to substitute for other staff members.
- Follow established substitution procedures.
- Fill out appropriate reports.
- Monitor chemical levels
- Carry out additional duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Attend all in-service training.